Halloumi fries. Yes. You want these.
These bad boys are definitely NOT haute cuisine, but damn.. they are so good.
A fun dish to share with friend. The jalapeno shkug is totally lovely and is something you should just have made and ready in the fridge. Overall I would say this rates very high on the deliciousness scale.
Give these halloumi fries a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 packages of Halloumi cheese
- 3 tbs olive oil for frying
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- juice from 1 lemon
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup of mint leaves chopped
- 1 tsp sumac
- Firstly, lets kick off on the tahini dressing. In a bowl mix together the tahini and lemon juice. You may want to add a teaspoon of water if the mixture seems to thick. Season dressing with a pinch of salt.
- Time to move onto the "fries"! Cut the cheese into strips that are about 1/4 inch thick and approximately 2-3 inches long. We are looking for them to resemble home cut french fries. Once all of the cheese is cut toss it in a bowl with the flour, paprika, and salt. Make sure all sides of the "fries" are covered in flour.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil. If pan starts to smoke lift it off the heat. Add in the cheese. You want to hear that sizzle! Let it fry until golden brown on all sides. Remove and drain.
- Add tahini dressing to squirt bottle (not necessary but it's a fun dollar store purchase) and squirt over the fries in a zig zag motion. Sprinkle pomegranates, mint, and sumac over the fries.
Serve these quickly as they tend to disappear if they stay in the kitchen with the chef to long!
Subscribe to more content like this: