Lobster Taco with pineapple pico de gallo and chipotle crema.
Anything lobster is usually pretty damn good, and these tacos are no exception. The smokiness from the chipotle, paired with the sweetness from the pineapple and lobster, make this a great summer dish. I would put this in the crowd pleaser category. Enjoy outside with a couple cold crisp beers or a nice Nova Scotian white wine.
- 2 market size lobster. Cooked, shelled, and meat chopped into bite sized chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 250 ml full fat sour cream
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Finely chopped. Will form a paste.
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 diced shallot or small red onion
- Juice of one lime.
- ½ cup finely diced fresh pineapple
- 1 finely diced tomato
- ½ a diced red onion
- ½ a seeded jalapeno pepper, diced.
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- Take chopped lobster meal and toss with lime juice and a pinch of salt in medium sized bowl.
- In a second medium bowl, mix together sour cream, chipotle peppers, chopped basil, scallions, garlic, shallot, and lime juice. Mix together to incorporate all ingredients. In a third bowl, add together dice pineapple, tomato, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, basil, and lime juice. Mix together with a spoon.
- To take the tortillas to the next level, turn bbq on high and place the tortillas flat on the hottest part of the grill. Keep a close eye on them as they burn fast, but you want to have some charred marks. Take everything to the next level.
- Assemble the tacos by tossing the lobster in 3 tbs of chipotle crema. Season to taste. Add lobster to tortillas, and top with pineapple pico. Dig in, get messy, and enjoy!
Subscribe to more content like this: