Gluten-free Blueberry Oat Pancakes- What weekends are built on
While I put up a ton of food content that celebrates the more “sinful” dishes that aren’t exactly healthy for you, our family generally tries to eat pretty clean…within reason. This past weekend my wife was craving pancakes, so what Mama wants, Mama gets!
I love pancakes but wanted to find a way to make them a bit healthier. The major change with this recipe is using oat flour instead of normal AP flour. You can easily make your own by chucking a couple of cups of oats into the blender and blitzing them into a powder.
Overall I am really happy with the outcome of these pancakes. They are 100% gluten-free and more importantly, KID FRIENDLY!
- 4 cups oat flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until a smooth batter.
- Heat pan over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Allow to melt.
- Using a measuring cup add in about 1/2 cup of the batter onto the hot pan. Cook for about 3 minutes before flipping. Don't be shy to add in another tbsp of coconut oil if pan looks dry.
- Pour frozen blueberries, water, sugar, and corn starch in pot and place over medium high heat. Stir occasionally until coulis reaches desired thickness.
- Take pancakes off of heat and smother in greek yogurt, fresh berries, and real maple syrup.
Subscribe to more content like this: