Apple Cinnamon Energy Pancakes. Amazing for kids and adults!
OK, so I’m on day two of packing school lunches and I’m powering forward. I received some great tips from followers yesterday and I am making adjustments. While these are for my daughter, they are still perfect for any busy person looking to meal prep. I think these apple cinnamon energy pancakes are good to have in the mix. Firstly, they are delicious! Secondly, I snuck in a number of great ingredients to make them healthy-ish. We’ve got flax seeds, zucchini, hemp seeds, hemp protein, and sugar-free apple sauce. We all had them for breakfast and I gotta say, I am pretty impressed!
These took me about 10 minutes to whip up and hopefully they will get eaten today in my little one’s lunch! Also, they freeze well and are perfect snacks to throw at the kids when they are driving you nuts.
Definitely worth giving them a try.
- 2/3 cup PC blue menu whole grain pancake mix
- 2/3 cup coconut milk + 1 or 2 tablespoons
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp unwsweetend apple sauce
- 2 tbsp of quick oats
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp milled flax seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp protein powder (Earthli brand is what I use)
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredients and mix together until homogeneous. Feel free to add in diced apples, bananas, blueberries, or chocolate chips. My little one is so unpredictable that I tend to leave these thigs out and add on after cooked.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil and a small knob of butter. Drop in about a tablespoon of the batter per pancake. I find the small ones are more likely to be eaten. Cook pancakes until they start to bubble and then flip, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Boom! You are done. Serve immediately, or let cool and place in the fridge or freezer for later. If you do freeze them, simply pop them in the toaster when you want to eat them next!
Subscribe to more content like this: