Blueberry Coconut Muffins – build your own muffin adventure!
No one is mad about a muffin. They are just a nice little treat to have with a coffee. These are no exception.
What I love about this recipe is its versatility. You can take it in any direction depending on what you have on hand. I happened to have a bunch of frozen Nova Scotia blueberries we picked last season tucked away in the freezer, so I hauled them out for these bad boys.
This is a great basic muffin recipe that you can use any time. Make it your own and show me what you think! Be sure to follow me on Instagram, @andyseastcoastkitchen_
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbs milk
- 1/2 cup + 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 4 tbs shredded coconut (2 tbs in muffins mixtue, 2 tbs to top muffins)
- Muffins! These are fun, and really easy. Start by preheating the oven to 350 and lining muffin tins with muffin wrappers.
- In one bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl mix together egg, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add in the egg and milk mixture into the flour mixture and mix to incorporate. Add in the blueberries and coconut (or whatever berry you want to use).
- Evenly add muffin mixture across all of the muffin wrappers. Place in oven for 30-40 minutes. Use a tooth pick to test for doneness. Tooth pick should come out clean when stuck into muffin.
- Pour a cup of coffee and enjoy these while sitting in the sun.
Subscribe to more content like this: