Ginger Sesame Turkey Burgers
This is a doozy of a burger. For me, the burger is and will always be the ultimate comfort food. I am always looking for ways to take them in a new direction and this is a really fun one. Using ground turkey makes the burger a bit healthier than ground beef, but doesn’t compromise flavour.
While this is a great burger recipe, the mixture could easily be used for meat balls which would also be really tasty. Give this one a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 lb ground Canadian Turkey
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Hoisin Mayo:
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp hoisin
- 4 brioche hamburger buns
- Pickled red onions
- Sliced cucumbers
- In a large bowl mix together ground turkey, ginger, garlic, sesame seeds, green onions, cilantro, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt. Mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Form turkey mixture into burgers. 1 pound should make 4 burgers.
- Place a lightly oiled nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is at temperature, gently lay the burgers onto the pan and fry for around 4 minutes per side.
- While the burgers are cooking, mix together mayo and hoisin in a small bowl.
- Once burgers are done cooking, it’s time to assemble. Spread the hoisin mayo on the bottom bun, followed by the burger, the pickled red onions, and cucumbers. Spread hoisin mayo on top bun and boom! You are ready to eat. Enjoy!
Subscribe to more content like this: