Homemade Banana Bread
I feel like there are very few recipes in the world that encapsulate “home cooking” more than Banana Bread. I’d bet a toonie we all have childhood memories of the amazing smell and taste of a freshly baked loaf!
I have gotten this request a number of times and I wanted to wait until I had the perfect recipe to share, so here we are. Ladies and gentleman, I present to you…Homemade Banana Bread. Moist, airy, fluffy. Exactly what you are looking for. My favourite part of this loaf is the horizontally cut bananas placed on top!
Give this one a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana cut lengthwise
- Is there anything that reminds you more of home than the smell of Banana Bread fresh out of the oven? Let's do this! Firstly place the mashed bananas in a bowl. Dump in the eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, and mix to combine.
- Add in the flour and cinnamon and mix just until combined. The key here is not to overmix.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Always leave a bit hanging over the edge as it makes it easier to remove.
- Pour banana mixture into the pan and top with the final banana, cut side up.
- Bake for 1 hour or until you can poke with a skewer and it comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove totally and let cool fully on a rack. Tuck in with butter or peanut butter and seasalt.
Subscribe to more content like this: