Kale Caesar Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
Kale Caesar Salads are a regular staple in our home during the week. Simple, healthy, filling, and it always hits the spot. I am a big fan of kale. It’s my favourite leafy green. However it can be a little rough, so make sure that before adding the dressing, you sprinkle on a bit of oil and give the greens a nice massage. This softens the leaf and makes it nicer to eat!
This Caesar dressing is very versatile and we use it on everything from salads to roasted veggies, and even as a sandwich spread. It’s garlicky, rich, and just overall lovely.
This recipe is a riff on my Mom’s Classic Caesar dressing which I absolutely love. I highly suggest topping this salad with crispy chickpeas.
Give this a try. It’s destined to become a staple in your home!
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syurp
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 cups shredded parmesan
- 5 capers
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 large bunch of kale leaves, removed from stems
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- This is a family classic! Hope you love this. You are going to want a blender for this one. Food processor works too. Throw all of the ingredients except the vegetable oil - and the kale! - into the blender and turn it on high. Let that blend for 30 seconds.
- Slowly stream in vegetable oil while blender is running. Don't rush this process.
- Boom. Dressing is done. Next up place kale leaves in large bowl and drizzle olive oil over top. Using your hands massage the leaves until tender.
- Spoon on desired amount of dressing and toss with tongs or your hands. Top with crispy chickpeas. (recipe linked above)
Subscribe to more content like this: