‘Sous vide’ egg bites. Yes, like the ones from that coffee shop.
Both my wife and I are obsessed with the Starbucks sous vide egg bites. They seem to be the only sort of healthy option in the fast food world. Also, my wife is now headed back to work and the Starbucks in her building is CLOSED! So, this recipe is much more out of necessity than anything else.
Great food prep item here. It’s super easy to make a whole whack of them and they keep well in the fridge. They’re full of protein and will give you that substance you are looking for in the morning. Give these a try and let me know what you think.
- 12 eggs
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (swiss cheese is awesome too)
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Bacon, chives, tomatoes, whatever you want to add in!
- Preheat the oven to 300 and place a brownie tray with water into the oven. This will create a more humid environment. Grease a muffin tin while you are at it.
- Add the eggs, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, and seasoning to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups. Fill up each cup about half way. If you want to add in bacon or any veg, do that now!
- Place muffin tin in the oven for around 28-30 mins.
- Remove from oven and enjoy! For best results use a silicon muffin tin!
Subscribe to more content like this: