DIY Starbucks ‘Sous vide’ Egg Bites
If you are looking for a super satisfying grab and go style breakfast, then look no further than these DIY Starbucks sous vide egg bites. Don’t feel intimidated by the sous vide in the title, all you need is a standard oven to make these delicious breakfast bites. High in protein and healthy fats, this is a perfect breakfast for busy people who need an energy boost to launch them into their day.
Sous Vide Egg Bites
Our whole family loves these egg cups and they have become a staple in my weekly meal prep. No fancy equipment needed other than a blender and a standard oven. Basically, pop all of the ingredients into a blender, then blend them together for 1 minute. Pour the egg mixture into greased muffin tins (I love the using silicone mold muffin tins which makes the cleanup way easier). The key here is to only fill them up about half way.
Creating moisture in the oven
In order to have the egg bites cook evenly and remain a similar texture to the ones you have eaten at Starbucks, I find it best to add a pan filled with water into the oven prior to baking the egg cups. Keep the water bath in the oven during cooking as this will create a humid environment that helps to reduce the egg cups splitting open.
- 12 eggs
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (swiss cheese is awesome too)
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Bacon, chives, tomatoes, whatever you want to add in!
- Preheat the oven to 300 and place a brownie tray with water into the oven. This will create a more humid environment. Grease a muffin tin while you are at it.
- Add the eggs, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, and seasoning to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups. Fill up each cup about half way. If you want to add in bacon or any veg, do that now!
- Place the muffin tin in the oven for around 30-35 mins. You want them to be totally set.
- Remove from oven and enjoy! For best results use a silicon muffin tin!
Subscribe to more content like this: