Tandoori Vegetable Sheet Pan
Today was a busy day for the business, which resulted in me being on multiple meetings while my wife handled the kids. Regardless of how busy things get, dinner needs to get to the table! That is exactly why I love sheet pan dinners. They are fast to prepare, delicious, and easy to clean up.
This is a doozy little dinner to have on a meatless Monday. HUGE amount of flavour while still being super healthy.
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inches ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tb tandoori masala spice
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 lb carrots, tops cut off
- 1 whole cauliflower cut into florets
- Lemon sauce:
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut
- Here we go! Okay, let's start on the tandoori paste first. In a bowl mix together all of the spices, yogurt, ginger, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice & zest.
- Next up, place the carrots in one freezer bag and the cauliflower in another. Add about a cup of the marinade to each bag and massage all over the vegetables. Let bags sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 430.
- Place vegetables on parchment lined baking sheets. Be sure not to over crowd or you won't get the nice caramelization you are looking for! Chuck in the oven for around 40 mins. Pro tip, turn on the broiler at the very end to char up the veggies a little bit before taking them out. Keep a close eye though.
- While the vegetables are baking, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice & zest, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Want to go the extra mile? Put sauce in a squeeze bottle.
- I ended up topping my vegetables with some toasted coconut and toasted almonds. Loved the texture it added. Worthwhile addition.
Subscribe to more content like this: