The Ultimate Nuts & Bolts Recipe
Nuts & Bolts are up there on the list of ultimate holiday snacks. I have so many memories of being at family parties growing up, just standing around the snack table SHOVELING Nuts & Bolts into my face. Shout out to family friend Rob Billard who is a master on the grill and also makes the best Nuts & Bolts in the land!
This recipe is crazy easy. Literally, anyone can make these. There is very little “cooking” involved at all so don’t feel intimidated – give this one a go. They are the perfect gift to bring to a party (Maybe next year?) or to drop off at your neighbour’s house.
What I Put in My Nuts & Bolts
- Shreddies- Personally, these are number one for me. I find they soak up the melted butter and spices so well and are top dog in the mix – in my opinion.
- Cheerios- Another great addition to the mixture.
- Pretzels – An absolute must-have, but feel free to choose the shape that best suits you!
- Goldfish- I used goldfish as we have then in our house, but feel free to use cheese-its as they are awesome as well.
- Roasted peanuts
- Melted butter
- Spices- I used garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, sugar, salt. Feel free to get creative here!
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups Shreddies
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups roasted peanuts
- 1 cup goldfish
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Here we go! First things first, in a large bowl mix together the Cheerios, Shreddies, pretzels, peanuts, and goldfish. Set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250F.
- Next, melt the butter, mix in the Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chilli powder, sugar, and salt. Whisk until incorporated.
- Place the dry cereal mixture in a large roasting pan, and pour the melted butter mixture over everything. Using a spatula and your hands, toss until the whole mixture is coated with the melted butter.
- Place the roasting pan into the oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, tossing the mixture with a spatula every 25 minutes.
- After the mixture is done baking, remove pan from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Now, eat!
Subscribe to more content like this: