Tonnato Sauce. Your newest addiction
This sauce is the BOMB! With similar flavours to a caesar salad dressing, but a bit more fishy…not in a bad way, though! An Italian accompaniment that would typically be paired with poached veal, this is a crazy versatile sauce that you’ll want to put on everything. Green beans, toast, pasta. It really is crazy good!
I recently slathered this sauce on a thick slice of toasted sourdough, topped that with sautéed romaine lettuce, and melted parmesan cheese. It was fantastic – definitely worth trying!
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp capers
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 anchovies
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 can of tuna, drained
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups canola oil (depending on how thick you want it)
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a blender, add in garlic, egg, capers, mustard, anchovies, lemon juice, parmesan, white wine vinegar, and pepper. Turn on medium high and blitz until smooth.
- Start streaming oil into the blender while the blender is on high. Take your time here. The more oil you end up adding, the thicker the mix will get.
- Once you have created the mayo (congrats you just made mayo!) add in the tuna and blitz on high. Might need another squirt of lemon juice if it's too thick. Use your judgement.
- Boom, you are done. I would suggest slathering the Tonnato Sauce over sour dough and enjoying with a glass of wine.
Subscribe to more content like this: