Salsa Verde (Sesame Cilantro Mint Vinaigrette). A healthy and simple way to make your veggies pop!
This herby, zippy, sauce can be put on everything to give it an extra pop. I love having a bottle in the fridge for a fast and easy way to take my roasted vegetables to a new level. The mix of mint, cilantro, citrus, and sesame seeds is a surprising but really approachable flavour I think you will love. I call it a salsa verde or a green sauce, as I don’t know what else to call it. Sesame Cilantro Vinaigrette would be a great name as well!
The Importance of a Blender
A blender is a healthy eater’s best friend. The ability to quickly make sauces, spreads, dressing and dips is crazy. I used a commercial powered blender which I love. It is definitely worthwhile investing in a good one as they really make a difference.
This is a dish that originally came from my sweet friend Brad George. He has played around with these flavours for a long time and it was him who first introduced me to the idea of putting sesame seeds into the sauce. The sesame seeds give it a deeper flavour and almost, in some ways, reminds you of pesto. But the acidic white wine vinegar and citrus quickly change your mind. This is a lovely dressing that you are going to crave. If you like my Caesar dressing, you are going to love this!
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 9 capers
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup spinach (for colour)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- In a blender or food processor add the garlic, capers, sesame seeds, lime and lemon juice, cilantro, mint, spinach, salt, and white wine vinegar. Blend on low for 20 seconds and then increase the speed of the blender and slowly stream in the grapeseed oil. Blend until smooth and beautifully green.
- Use this dressing on roasted vegetables, fish, chicken, or pork. It really is delicious on anything, so enjoy!
Subscribe to more content like this: